Aggressive Defense Against Drunk Driving, OWI and OWVI Charges Throughout Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, St. Joseph, and Berrien County
A conviction on drunk driving or OWI charges has serious consequences, from losing your license to serving jail time.
At The Aggressive Criminal Defense Law Firm, we defend individuals facing DUI, DWI and all other alcohol-related driving offenses, throughout Western Michigan. We fight for the most positive possible outcome, keep you out of jail, and protect your license and your criminal record.
Our first goal is to have the charges against our client dismissed. If that is not possible, we will fight to have the charges and penalties reduced or dismissed and to keep a damaging OWI conviction off the record. Contact our law offices for a free, confidential consultation with a Michigan defense attorney who knows how to fight drunk driving charges.
Our Michigan attorneys pride themselves on providing skilled representation of clients charged with:
Motor Vehicle Offenses
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Operating while intoxicated (OWI)
- OWI 1st Offense
- OWI 2nd Offense
- Felony OWI 3rd Offense
- Operating while visibly impaired (OWVI)
- Operating under the influence of liquor (OUIL)
- Operating with any presence of a drug in your system (OWPD)
- Unlawful blood alcohol level (UBAL) while operating a vehicle
- OWI, OWVI, OWPD or DWLS causing serious injury or death
- Open intoxicants in a motor vehicle
- Operating with a blood alcohol content of .17 or higher (beginning October 31, 2010): Michigan's "Super Drunk" laws
- Driving while license suspended (DWLS) or revoked
- Boating under the influence (BUI)
- Preliminary breath test (PBT) refusal
- Chemical test refusal
- Minor in possession (MIP) of alcohol
- Driver's License Appeal Division (DLAD) appeals and drivers license restoration
Remember, just because you have been charged with drunk driving or OWI doesn't mean you are guilty. Mistakes can be made. Examples include improper traffic stops, failure by the police to use proper arrest procedures, a faulty field sobriety test (FST) and a faulty blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test.
Exposing the Holes in the Prosecution's Case
If there are holes in the state's case against you, we will work to expose them and use those mistakes in your defense. Remember, you do not have to take a personal breath test (PBT) or comply with any other request for a roadside sobriety test. Officers must keep their datamaster machines up to date or breath results can be thrown out and charges can be dismissed.
Contact Us for a Free Initial Consultation
Our lawyers leave no stone unturned when defending our clients against criminal charges. To arrange a free initial consultation about your case, please contact us by e-mail, call 269-743-1978 or call toll free 888-211-4326 . From offices in Kalamazoo, Paw Paw and Grand Rapids, we represent clients throughout western Michigan including St. Joseph, Muskegon, and Grand Haven. We offer criminal defense discounts to students, seniors and members of the military.
Some of Our Many Testimonials
"Thanks a million for your excellent legal representation. [My nephew] just had a baby daughter and really seems to be becoming a better person. Thanks for helping him down the road. You can count on us for a good recommendation anytime." - Ralph K.
"Thank you so much for everything you have done throughout the past year and a half. Thank you for helping me settle things before my move to China. It was such a relief to know everything was taken care. I appreciate it more than I could ever say! Thank you, thank you, thank you." - Michelle B.